SUMMARY: Performs daily warehouse functions as assigned by warehouse operations Team Leader.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilies include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follow all written instructions to perform receiving, storage, inspection and shipping functions.
- Operate equipment as needed to perform job duties.
- Ensure paperwork is completed accurately.
- Performs visual checks of product to ensure all applicable standards are met.
- Uses measuring devices to ensure product meets all required specifications.
- Performs all work in a safe manner and ensures safety in the work area.
- Participates in the continuous improvement program (kaizen).
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, quality manuals, operational procedures and work instructions.
- Ability to complete necessary documentation.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
LEVEL 2 STATUS
- Must be reached within one (1) year length of service
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of metric system
- Ability to work with computers
- Mechanically inclined.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Crane license
- Forklift license (May be obtained in first threemonths of employment.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand.
- The employee is sometimes required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee is sometimes required to walk, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear.
- The employee is required to walk distances within the warehouse.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Proper safety equipment is required for work on the warehouse floor.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations.
- Work well with team members.