SUMMARY: Processes steel coils on steel slitting line.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilies include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs visual check of steel coil during all phases of processing.
- Uses measuring devices to obtain specifications of the steel coil.
- Documents the coil's specifications on board as reference for other slitter members.
- Enters data in Allen-Bradley Panel view computer.
- Sets up the coil in the machine and ensures the coil is cut at the right specifications.
- Packages the coil properly.
- Enter finished coil data into Open Trac System
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Three to six months related experience and/or training.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, quality manuals, operational procedures, work, operating and maintenance instructions, and technical and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write work instructions, root cause analysis, routine reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to calculate percentages, area, circumference and volume and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Crane license
- Forklift license
LEVEL 2 STATUS
- Must be reached within one (1) year length of service
LEVEL 4 INSPECTOR
- Current annual vision examination required to be in medical file.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to use various personal computer software (Microsoft Office, etc).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Proper safety equipment is required for work on the warehouse floor.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations and work well with team members.
- Responsible for answering MSS phones.